May Retail Sales a Mixed Bag for Potatoes and Products

Potatoes USA logo

For the four week data ending 5.27.17 for total potato volume, at retail, saw a decline of 1.6% when compared to the same month last year, however total dollar sales were up 2.2% with the average price per pound increasing 3.8%.  On the positive side, frozen sales volume was up 0.6%, deli up 5%, and refrigerated up 3.1%.  Sales of dehydrated potatoes were down -1.3% and fresh volume was off -3.2%, causing the overall total to decline. The American consumer purchased 325 million pounds of potatoes in the month of May. For a full downloadable report please click here. For any questions please reach out to Ross Johnson